7 studly dudes and Kirk (see below) met up at Old Providence Elementary School for this week’s installment of SOFAWIB. It was a brisk morning, but nothing this group of regulars couldn’t handle.
The Thang was pretty much exactly what YHC described in the pre-blast here.
All groups got through at least 3.3 laps and the leaders (Swiper and Kirk) completed 4.3 for a total of:
- 40-50 v-ups
- 40-50 dumbocrats
- 40-50 jump squats
- 15-20 burpee pullups
- 60-80 WWII situps
- 60-80 derkins
- 60-80 bench squats
- 60-80 dips
- 3.3+ miles of running
Thanks to Kirk for taking us out in COT and reminding us of the things we may be taking for granted.
YHC had to rename this workout between the pre-blast and this morning after Kirk showed up wearing tights with no shorts. #nuffsaid #jigglyballs We kid because we love you, Kirk. Really.
Here are my thoughts on this morning’s activities:
- Just when you think it couldn’t get any darker on that stretch of Rea Road between the hedges and HT, a car comes over the hill and blinds you to the point where you careen into a tree. Good times.
- A lot of random people out there this morning. On the way back from the first trip to HT and back, a pair of tomatoes peeled off of Rea and turned into Chadwyck. Where did they come from? Did Swiper’s emissions scare them off? On the closing mile, there was another pair of tomatoes running upstream and at one point during the workout, a dude (I think it was a dude) and his golden retriever came running out from behind the school. Where did he come from?
- Kirk and Swiper are fast. I’m not sure they’re doing all of the exercises, but they are flying so who am I to judge?
- A lot of sneaky fast PAX out there this morning as well, with Talk Box, Iron Mike, Bellaire and Krypto all flying. The only two slow dudes are apparently YHC and Sundancer. At least I’m in good company.
- If you haven’t tried SOFAWIB, you should definitely check it out. You don’t need to be fast, you just need to be willing to grind it out and push yourself. It will make you faster and stronger. Plus, the 2nd F is always entertaining and distracts you from the pain.
- Sound off in the comments below if you have anything to add. I know you will…
- Sign up for Church on the Street. Area 51 has committed to supplying 5 PAX on the first Sunday of each month and it’s a great experience. Very well organized and no previous experience necessary. Sign up info is here.
- Area 51 Christmas party is this Saturday. Sign-ups are closed, but info can be found here. Don’t forget to bring your donation for the Cavalry Food Pantry.
- Alexander Youth Network Toy Drive. See info here.
- Joe Davis Memorial Resolution Run – January 9th. See info here.