Being a Wednesday AO siteQ for the last 2.5 years, I was looking forward to broadening my horizons and checking out a new AO for the first time. Added benefit, I was invited to Q. A workout happened, mad fitness gains were made and fellowship was the happy byproduct. Arriving 10 minutes early to get my bearings, I quickly put a plan together and here is what we did:
- Warmup run around the parking lot and track, circle up near middle of field for COP.
- COP: SSHs, Speed Skaters, Squats, Merkins, Plank, Mtn Climbers
- Brisk jog to the bottom of the bleachers for a stadium stair routine:
- Warmup: 5x up and down, 75% effort
- Set 1: 20 merkins, up/down 4x 20 derkins; repeato up/down 3x; repeato up/down 2x
- Set 2: leap up stairs (2 or 3 in a single bound), run back down, 30 mtn climbers at bottom; repeato x2
- Set 3: 20 single-leg squats, up/down 3x, 10 jump squats; repeato up/down 2s; repeato up/down 1x
- Brisk jog to turf end zone for a taste of Anvil: the modified BLIMPS routine
- 5 Burpees, 10 Lunges, 15 Imperial Walkers, 20 Merkins, 25 Plank Jacks, 30 Squats; run 20 yds, repeat using only BLIMP, run 20 yds, repeat using only BLIM … other end zone 5 burpees.
- Circle up for quick Mary session involving flutters, LBCs and a brief TR thrust.
- Mosey back to shovelflag for COT
- Thanks for the invite to Q, Baracus! I had a great time. Was going to do more Anvil-like programming, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity once I saw the stadium stairs. I think we all got our fill of stairs. Definitely an elevator day at work today.
- Stair work was seemingly never ending, thus “one more time” became our rallying cry each and every time we attacked that artificial hill.
- Nice to see some friendly faces and meet some new ones. Always great to get away from the routine and branch out once in a while.
- Strong work by John Deere and Want Ad – always out in from of the PAX. Pro and I shared stairs (don’t worry, there was a railing to keep us from getting too close and personal) and he was always at least 1, more like 5, steps ahead of me. Definitely good motivation for my rehab – gotta keep pushing to get the lungs back!
- Metro Thanksgiving convergence at AG – 7 AM – tomorrow (Thanksgiving). A51 PAX allowed to join in if they pay the toll.
- A51 football game at Matthews Sportsplex for those who want to pound someone before they pound some turkey. Check out weekly email or contact Spackler for more details.