It began with a be-Yoda’d Runstopper in a GR2 and ended with goat selfies. And fifteen men and 4 men-to-be found themselves in the middle.
A notional warm up followed an implied disclaimer and we got to work on stations.
STATION 1; Chest to chest partner carry with Body Bag.
STATION 2: Sled bear crawl
STATION 3: Prowler
STATION 4: KB Farmer carry
- Three/Four man teams rotate through stations.
- Keep busy with KB, Blocks and other stuff while waiting for equipment
- Run a mile
- Another rotation
- Run another mile
- Outland is not as far out as they lead you to believe. You make that drive on a weeknight and it’s 45 minutes. On a Saturday morning, though, it’s only about 15ish. And this is how we came to fine 3 grown men sitting in the parking lot at 6:35.
- You get from a station workout what you put in, especially when waiting for the equipment. If I don’t get a gnarly pump from a station workout, that’s usually on me.
- The out and back miles were painful. I mistimed the rotations so we were shortchanged the remaining planned mile.
- Strong work by EE, Glass Joe and Kiefer. They logged 5 before the workout and a couple of more frisky miles during.
- T-Claps to the recent FNG Kiefer (4th workout), who has signed up for a marathon this summer and is off to a strong start on the training.
- Nice to have Good Luck join us from Asheville. He was especially strong on the Prowler, despite the leggings.
- Speaking of, to no one’s surprise, except maybe Selfie the Goat, Runstopper wore bright yellow tights (with shorts, thankfully).
- Though he looks much stronger than he actually is (his words), he flexed his iron colon and downed not one but two Egg White Delights at McDougals.
- After the Egg White Delights, conversation naturally, if not inevitably, drifted to the Squatty Potty. Treat yourself to the Amazon comments.
- I can’t say if it was the spray-painted SATURDAY SAUSAGE sign that compelled me to turn around or the goat chained to a pole. Either way, it was the perfect end to a great morning. Stay tuned for Hops’ review of the sausage….
Thanks for the invite to Outland.