20 men answered the call at Skunkworks for what I hope was a good old fashioned throat chop.
Here’s what we did.
– Avoid the early trash truck
– Mosey to the dark alley
– 30, 20, 10 two-handed swings
– Merkins: 10 left hand on bell, 10 right hand on bell, 10 diamond both hands on bell
Farmer Carries (you know it’s coming when we go to the alley)
– Partner up with like size KB
– Partner 1 carries both KBs
– Partner 2 10 merkins, chase and switch
– Feel exceptional burn in forearms
Mary (aka recovery)
– Bottom of hill in front of church, first set of excercise then run to first median and back, second set then run to second median and back, third set then run to street at top of hill and back
– Stated goal was to focus on form with KBs and go hard on runs, turned into more of just trying to survive (at least for me)
– Set #1: Snatches – 5x each arm, 7x each arm, 10x each arm
– Set #2: Goblet Squats – 10x, 15x, 20x
– Set #3: Burpees – 10x, 15x, 20x
– Set #4: Swings – 10x two handed, 10x right hand, 10x left hand
– Set #5: Push press on ground – 5x each arm, 7x each arm, 10x each arm
Farmer Carry back to parking lot
I’ve been getting a bit complacent (old, fat, lazy) and wanted to get back at pushing it hard at Skunkworks this am. Mission accomplished, although the pack was moving way faster than me. I had a couple of moments of hoping not to pass out or throw up. Strong work out there today.
A few notables:
– Witch Dr.: took off like a rocket carrying the KBs, PEDs?
– Fletch: runs like the wind…and carries a 45 lb KB, #beast
– Channel: killing it today, where you been?
– Frosty Paws: getting ready for winter with the head to toe covered look in 50 degrees
– Brown: talks a big game about not running but he’s not slow
– Stone Cold: perfect merkin form even at the end
– Pop Tart: many thanks for carrying your partner
– Horsehead: pushing it hard on the run
– Under 30 crowd very strong: Sanka, Peacock, Dollywood
– Over 50 crowd also pushing: Hacker, Destiny
– Early Veteran’s Day celebration from Drop Thrill
– Good to see the #s back at skunk…but a few notable absences: where you at TR, Bananas, Bulldog, Arena? #soccerarms?
New schedule for Skunkworks going out ASAP, let me know if you want in.
Fletch is going to co-lead the site, so average fitness level just went up significantly.
Convergence workout tomorrow at Anvil (Calvary) for Veteran’s Day, 5:30, 45 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.