With YHC arriving right at 0700 hours after having to take time to feed all the animals at the homestead, PAX was thankful that designated Q had arrived and they wouldn’t have to play Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who would lead. SF was planted in the turf and we headed out for a solid 60 minutes of work.
Headed down to the bus parking lot and then around to the far end of the track infield for COP:
- SSH x 25 IC
- IW x 25 IC
- Squats x 20 IC
- MC x 25 IC
- Parker Peter x 20 IC
Enough of the warm-up, time to get moving. Head up McKee Rd for a nice jog, mixing in some high knees, butt kickers and backwards run, until we made our way to the neighborhood Pop Tart had introduced the PAX to several weeks ago. With 0700 start time, felt it was safe to utilize the streets without disturbing the residents. Gathered the PAX and called for a round of 7’s from the front entrance down the main drive about 75-100 yards.
- Run down the hill, 6 merkins
- Back to the start, 1 jump squat
- Continue the cycle with 5/2, 4/3, 3/4, 2/5, 1/6
Good start to the morning, so we ventured further into the neighborhood, heading down the main drive around the roundabout and made our way to the bottom of the hill. Good spot for mini Ark loader.
- Bear crawl to first street on the left
- Jog to roundabout
- Crab walk for next block
- Jog back up to entrance
Enough visiting with the neighbors. Time to make our way back to campus for the rest of the workout. Headed back down McKee Rd and stopped at far end of the track. Karaoke half the length of the straightaway facing the road and then flapjack for Karaoke second half facing the school.
Continue the run back to launch point and find a spot on the wall at front of school for round of People’s Chair.
- PC x 2 min, w/ 50 air presses and a call for 2 inches lower the final 15-20 seconds
Head over to the playground for a WIB type circuit:
- Start w/ 10 Pull-up, 20 Dips
- Run to the NC landmark playground at the back of the school
- 10 Jump-ups/Step-ups on the log, 10 Decline Merkins (feet on the log)
- Run back to the front playground.
- Rinse & repeat for AMRAP until Q calls time
- We got 5 rounds in (last 2 rounds, we substituted Hanging Knee Raises for the Pull-ups)
Circle up in the grass behind the school for 10 MOM:
- Dolly x 20 IC, hold’em w/ 10 count from O’Tannenbaum
- Flutter x 20 IC, hold’em w/ 10 count from Huggie Bear
- Freddie Mercury x 20 IC
- Backscratcher x 20 IC
- LBC x 25 IC
- CCV x 10R IC
- CCV x 10L IC
- Maybe 1 more
Mosey back to front of school and circle up for Jack Webb:
- 1 Merkins/4 Air Presses, 2 Merkins/8 Air Presses, . . . up to 10 Merkins/40 Air Presses
- Huggie Bear requests to ladder back down, but instead we head over to the wall for another round of PC
Find a spot on the wall and take a seat for round 2:
- PC x 2 min, w/ air presses out in front x 50 IC
- Lunge walk out to sidewalk
- PC x 75 sec, w/ R Foot raised for 15 sec, then L Foot raised for 15 sec
Circle up for COT
- M requested YHC feed the animals before heading out in the a.m. to Q. Set alarm a little early in order to have time to let cat in, let the black lab out of the garage, and get the grain and hay out for the ponies. Took a bit longer than expected and ended up pulling into the AO right at 0700. But as they say, Happy Wife/Happy Life, and PAX was ready to roll upon my arrival.
- WIB style set was a smoker. Lobster Roll out front for majority of this, but O’Tannenbaum was keeping him honest with a strong push. And Cold Cuts was not far behind. Good to have him back out with us after having to miss a few weeks due to 2.0s softball schedule.
- Speaking of Cold Cuts, he got a good chuckle out of YHC’s count/grunt on the air presses during the 2nd round of PC. However, we managed to complete the set despite YHCs theatrics.
- Joe Davis Run to be held 01/09/2016 in Fort Mill. 5K/10K race options, hosted by Rock Thrill’s family in memory of his brother Joe Davis. Money raised benefits Keystone Substance Abuse Services, a non-profit in Rock Hill. Link to website: https://joedavisrun.racesonline.com/home
- Christianity Explored Group starting up, led by Purple Haze and Simba. Chance to learn more about Christianity. Plan is to meet for 8 weeks. Email Simba, email@example.com, or Purple Haze, firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested in attending.
- Keep Beaver’s sister-in-law in thoughts/prayers as she was recently diagnosed with cancer. Also keep Croissant and his family in thoughts/prayers as his father suffered a stroke recently.