Twas a damp morning in the nether regions between Metro and Area 51. When YHC got the (reminder) text about being on schedule to Q, all focus went towards steering clear of soggy soil. Hence, we took to the pavement.
After a brief mosey to CoC lot for a loop around the new parking lot, we circled up at the launch point for some COP.
– SSH x25 IC
– Mtn Climbers x15 IC
– Parker Peters x20 IC
– Merkins x20 IC
We partnered up with someone of equal or similar speed and set off at a fast mosey up Carmel, banging a left on Town & Country, waving to @Bushwood as we passed.
We ren-des-vous-ed at the corner of T&C/Valencia. Gotta say, haven’t come across a lot of streets in the QC named after citrus fruits…maybe it’s a Metro thing? Kirk was also keen to point out the smooth, supple asphalt on Valencia vs. the brazen, gravel surface on T&C. A few gents heeded the advice and kept their man-paws soft and velvety on the derkins. Post at #F3DayZero once or twice and you’ll never complain about “rough” pavement.
Link up with yer partner for speed laps around the orange box (Valencia-Sharon View-Granada-T&C). Race the box in opposite directions: Partner 1 turning right for a clockwise loop; other partner turning left for an anti-clockwise loop #nascar. First one back to starting point wins the lap.
Lap 1: partner derkins/OH Press. Loser takes derkins. x15
Lap 2: partner derkin plank. Loser takes derkins. x15
Lap 3: buddy squats. Loser carries. x20, winner x10.
Lap 4: er’body together for a nascar lap
Fast mosey back to the lot for some Mary
-Burpees OYO x10
Ye Olde Moleskinny:
– The box lap was long for a sprint. T&C had some hills, Granada and Valencia were ok. The partner 1’s going clockwise on lap 1 took the sidewalk on the opposite side of Sharon View. Notably, when we switched, the partner 2’s took the inside edge of Sharon View. Whatever you gotta do to win, I guess…
– Heard some moderate grumbling about #F3DMZ not being a running workout. Gotta be honest, the @SemiGloss jaunt through Mountainbrook, pre-BRR logged some miles and was inspiration for going off campus.
– Some questions on Twitter about whether or not we’d be under the dome today went unanswered. Fortnuately, we caught a break and stayed relatively dry.
– There was some debate on the prize/punishment exercises for winning the laps and which ones were actually “easier”. Noted for next time.
– Lots of speedsters out there today. Some LOW 7’s on the pace according to Strava.
– Thanks for the hospitality and opportunity to lead.
– Tclaps to @Skywalker for taking us out and starting our day right. Prayers for safety to one of our brothers who was deployed yesterday.
-speak up in the comments if anyone was left off name-o-rama
You must be logged in to post a comment.